Dahi Boondi Chaat
Dahi Boondi Chaat – tiny little crispy savory chickpea flour balls coated with sweet and salty yogurt, topped with boiled potatoes, chickpeas, onions and drizzled with sweet and spicy chutney to make a perfect summer time chaat!!
Summer is all about eating cold, tangy, sweet, spicy, crunchy chaats! The amazing flavors and colors of any chaat is so refreshing. This chaat right here is super easy to make and extremely flavorful! You literally layer all the ingredients and just enjoy it right away while it is cold and crunchy. All you need is yogurt, boondi, papadi, onions, potatoes, chickpeas, sev, sweet chutney, spicy chutney and some spices!
The beauty of this dish is that you can get almost everything pre-made besides boiled potatoes. The boondi, papdi and sev are easily available at any Indian store. It can certainly be made at home if you are feeling a bit adventurous! You can just use canned chickpeas instead of soaking and boiling at home. I like to keep both sweet chutney and spicy chutney handy in my freezer so I can just use them anytime I like. This is really one of the easiest chaat you can make within minutes!
I hope you guys like it as much as I do. If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see you guys recreating this dish!
Happy and Healthy Eating!
Dahi Boondi Chaat
- ½ cup Plain Desi Yogurt
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 cup Savory Boondi
- ½ cup Broken Papadi
- ½ cup Boiled Cubed Potatoes
- ½ cup Boiled Chickpeas
- ¼ cup Finely Chopped Onions
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ¼ tsp Red Chili powder
- ¼ cup Sweet Date Temarind Chutney
- 2 tbsp Spicy Green Chutney
- ¼ cup Thin Sev
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Mix plain desi yogurt, greek yogurt, sugar, roasted cumin powder and salt.
- Add savory boondi to yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle broken papadi on top of dahi boondi layer.
- Add cubed boiled potatoes and chickpeas on top of papadi layer.
- Sprinkle generous amount of chaat masala and red chili powder to top of potato/chickpea layer.
- Add chopped onions on masala layer.
- Drizzle generous amount of spicy green chutney and sweet tamarind and date chutney.
- Sprinkle decent amount of thin sev.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve it immediately!