Leek Sriracha Mac & Cheese
Leek Sriracha Mac & Cheese with unique flavors of buttery garlicky leeks and spicy sriracha.
Who does not like a good creamy dreamy Mac & Cheese?!?! If you ask me, I am going to say I am not a big fan of plain regular Mac & Cheese. Because, I love my spices. If you give me spiced up anything (well almost anything, as long as it is vegetarian), I would eat it!! And hence this garlicky spicy Mac & Cheese recipe!!
I love love love Sriracha sauce. It is garlicky, peppery, spicy goodness. It pairs so well with velveeta cheese. This recipe also uses Leeks. I do not really use leeks in my cooking. However, I love scallions and leeks sort of fall into the same taste/smell group as scallions. When you saute leeks with butter and garlic, it is so magical! The whole combination of buttery garlicky leeks, velveeta cheese and sriracha is truly match made in haven!!
I am all about spices, and my husband is all about original taste buds. He loves regular plain mac & cheese, and when I says this Leek Sriracha Mac & Cheese is one of the best ones he’s ever had. That says a lot about this recipe!! If you are like me who likes spiced up flavors with lots of garlic, this is definitely for you! Also try out my PANEER TIKKA MACARONI, it is one my favorite of all time just like this one!! If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this deliciousness!
Happy & Healthy Eating!
Leek Sriracha Mac & Cheese
- 2 cup Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
- 4 cloves Large Garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 stalk Leeks, thinly sliced discard the green part at very end of the leek, clean them very well before using since they seem to hold dirt within layers, especially towards the ends
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 oz Velveeta Cheese I prefer using Velveeta cheese log
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha
- Boil Elbow Macaroni as per box instructions. Keep it aside.
- Melt 4-5 tbsp of butter in a pan.
- Add minced garlic. Saute on low/medium heat for couple of minutes until the raw smell of garlic is gone. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add sliced leek along with ½ tsp of salt. Keep cooking on medium heat until they are soft and almost wilted like but not mushy.
- Add 1 cup of whole milk. Once it is warm, add cubed velveeta cheese.
- Keep stirring until the cheese is melted. The sauce should get creamier and thicker.
- Add boiled Elbow Macaroni. Mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and sriracha sauce.
- Mix well and Serve it pipping hot!