Paneer Tikka Macaroni
Paneer Tikka Macaroni – Macaroni coated with classic tomato based spicy, tangy, creamy gravy made with traditional Indian spices along with marinated paneer and veggies!!
Mac and Cheese is one of the very popular type of pasta you could find all over the world. Would you be mad at me if I said I am not a big fan of regular Mac and Cheese?!?! Yes, unfortunately I cannot eat a lot of plain Mac & Cheese as I am a big fan of spices and flavors loaded dishes. When you talk about flavor bomb dishes, first thing that comes to my mind is delicious Tikka Masala Sauce. This sauce is loaded with tremendous flavors and super versatile. One of the very common use of Tikka Masala Sauce is with marinated paneer. Now think about Mac & Cheese with Paneer Tikka Masala flavors and texture!!
Yaassss!! In conclusion, this recipe is nothing but a great mashup of regular plain Mac & Cheese and flavor bomb Paneer Tikka Masala. It has great texture of marinated charred paneer with onions and peppers. Amazing flavors of Tikka Masala Sauce takes this dish to the next level. And carbs loaded macaroni makes this dish super filling!
This dish is perfect for prepping ahead if you plan to make it for a big gathering. You can definitely make Tikka Masala Sauce ahead of time. Marinating paneer should happen ahead of time as well, the longer you marinate the paneer the batter it tastes. You can even have boiled pasta ready ahead of time too if you prefer. After that, it is literally just a matter of charring paneer in some butter and adding sauce, cheese, milk and pasta!!
I strongly recommend trying this bomb recipe. It will blow your and loved ones mind for sure. If you love Tikka Masala flavors like me, try Paneer Tikka Naanchilada and Tikka Masala Shakshuka!! If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this deliciousness.
Happy & Healthy Eating!!
Paneer Tikka Macaroni
Tikka Masala Sauce (Follow this linked recipe for the sauce)
- 16 oz Paneer, cubed
- ⅓ cup Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Masala
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1½ tsp Kasuri Methi
- 10 leaves Fresh Mint
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil Mustard Oil is the best!
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1½ cup Sliced/Cubed Onions
- 1½ cup Sliced/Cubed Multicolor Pepper
- 2 cup Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
- 2 cup Tikka Masala Sauce linked recipe at the beginning of the ingredients list
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 4 oz Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Butter
Make Tikka Masala Sauce (Follow this linked recipe for the sauce)
- Boil Elbow Macaroni as per box instructions. Keep it aside.
- Melt butter in a wide pan.
- Add marinated paneer, onions and peppers. Keep sauteing on high heat until the paneer starts to char and most of the moisture evaporates.
- Add tikka masala sauce. Mix well.
- Add milk, mix well. Simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- Add cubed velveeta. Mix well until the cheese is melted.
- Add boiled Elbow Macaroni and mix well until pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Add chopped cilantro. Mix well. Serve it pipping hot.