Paneer Tikka Naanchiladas
Paneer Tikka Naanchiladas is nothing but delicious Indian kick to traditional enchiladas, buttery soft naan is stuffed with extremely flavorful marinated paneer along with crunchy veggies and drenched in delicious homemade tikka masala sauce!
Everyone makes Mexican style enchiladas, so I though let’s change it up a little and make it fusion with classic North Indian delicious flavors!! Who does not like paneer tikka masala?!?! I LOVE those flavors!! Spicy tangy saucy tikka masala with tandoori flavored marinated paneer is nothing but pure haven!! And when you pair that with soft buttery naan, I am literally drooling just mentioning it here. LOL.
This dish is just amazing fusion of Mexican and Indian foods. This dish might seem like a lot of work. I am not going to lie, it is truly labor of love recipe. However if you plan it smart, you won’t be doing everything at once. I always marinade paneer day ahead, have all the veggies chopped. Making Tikka Masala sauce and Minty Yogurt Sauce a day or two ahead cuts the work down drastically. Then it is just matter of assembling and baking this outstanding deliciousness!
This will be a definite crown pleaser at your gathering without any double. The flavors and texture in this dish is just like match made in haven. The tikka masala sauce and tandoori flavored paneer goes so well together. And when you top it with fresh minty yogurt sauce and flavored crunchy veggies is like cherry on the cake!! This is one of those dishes I feel very very strongly about and guarantee you will like it. Tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots if you end up making it and liking it. I would love to see your recreation of this deliciousness!
Happy & Healthy Eating!
Paneer Tikka Naanchiladas
Marinated Tandoori Paneer
- 28 oz Paneer
- ½ cup Whole Milk Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala used National Chicken Tandoori Masala (the spice mix is vegetarian!
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil Mustard Oil is the best!
- 1½ tsp Minced Garlic
- 1½ tsp Grated Ginger
Tikka Masala Sauce (Follow this linked recipe for the sauce)
- ½ Sweet Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Green Peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ Red Peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ cup Tikka Masala Sauce
- ¼ cup Mayo can be sub with sour cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Amul Butter
- 6-8 Large Soft Naan more if using small!
- ½ cup Finley Chopped crunchy veggies like onions, peppers, cilantro with red chili powder, chaat masala and cumin powder for garnishing
- 1 cup Shredded Amul Cheese
Minty Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 2 clove Garlic
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Mint
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Blend everything listed under "Marinated Tandoori Paneer " except paneer in a blender to make a paste. Do not add any water to the marinade.
- Cut paneer in small cubes and pour the marinade over it. Coat each cube evenly without breaking it.
- Refrigerate it for 6-8 hours. The longer it marinates, the better it tastes! I like to marinate over night.
- Once paneer is marinated, Preheat oven at 400°F. Place marinated paneer cubes in a single layer on a greased baking tray.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes, mixing once in the middle.
Make Minty Yogurt Sauce
- Blend all ingredients listed under "Minty Yogurt Sauce", blend it to your desired consistency. Keep it refrigerated if making ahead.
Make Tikka Masala Sauce
- Make tikka masala sauce using this link. This can be made ahead of time, day or two prior. If making ahead of time, thin the sauce using some water if too thick and simmer it right before using it on your nanchilada. Warm sauce helps the baking process and keeping the naan soft. Thinning and warming up process of pre-made sauce can be done in microwave too!
Make the filling
- Mix all ingredients listed under "Filling" along with baked paneer. Keep it aside.
- Pre-heat oven on 350° F.
- Butter all the naan and warm them up on the tawa. Keep them as moist/soft/buttery as possible.
- Pour some tikka masala sauce in a baking tray.
- Spread some tikka masala sauce on the naan.
- Place veggie/paneer mixture in the middle of the naan.
- Drizzle some minty yogurt sauce on the veggie/paneer layer. Fold them and secure them with a toothpick so they hold in place. Place them in the baking tray.
- Repeat the same for all the naan. If using large naan, you might need to bake them in two trays or in couple of batches. Or use a large baking tray to fit them all in one.
- Once all the stuffed naan are place in the baking tray, pour decent amount of tikka masala sauce on all the wrapped naan.
- Sprinkle generous amount of shredded Amul cheese on the sauce layer.
- Cover it with aluminum foil. Bake it on 350° F for 30 minutes, or until cheese it completely melted and the nanchiladas are completely hot all the way inside. Using warm naan and hot tikka masala sauce during the assembly process will help nanchiladas to get warm/hot all the way through!
- Once baked, discard the aluminum foil, drizzle some Minty yogurt sauce and sprinkle the veggie garnishing mixture mentioned above.
- Serve it immediately!