Give a whole new delicious life to store-bought dry kachori by adding fun toppings, sweet chutney, spicy chutneys. Masala Kachori makes a perfect tea time chaat option with least amount of efforts!
This kachori is a big part of my India collage days! We used to have this one and only stall in the middle of our collage campus. It was famous for its spicy masala kachoris! This dry kachoris were full of flavors and the texture was just amazing. They were drizzled with spicy green chutney, lots of sev and fresh lemon juice. We had to be on it as these kachoris used to sell out super fast. I still remember monsoon season while we used to stand under the roof of this stall, so close to all the friends, half wet from heavy rain enjoying these delicious kachoris! I truly miss those day! One of those things I miss a lot being away from home.
I found these dry kachoris at Indian store and first thing came to my mind was Masala Kachoris! This snack is super quick and easy to make. Cut them in half and warm it up in the toaster oven! Then just load them up with your favorite toppings like spicy and sweet chutneys, onions, tomatoes, sev, cilantro, lemon juice etc. Enjoy it with some masala chai! I guarantee this will become your go to tea time snack!
I hope you like these Masala Kachoris as much as I do. If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots!
Happy & healthy eating!
- 15 Swad Dry Kachori
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- ½ cup Thin Sev
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- ¼ cup Spicy Green Chutney
- ¼ cup Sweet Date Temarind Chutney any sweet chutney
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Cut dry kachori in halves.
- Warm them up in the oven on 250°F for 5-7 minutes.
- Take it out and drizzle spicy green chutney on each half.
- Drizzle sweet date tamarind chutney on each half.
- Sprinkle chopped onions on each half.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes on each half.
- Drizzle some lime juice on each half.
- Sprinkle thin sev on each half.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on each half.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro on each half.
- Serve them immediately with side of masala chai!