Dalgona Rose Lassi
Dalgona Rose Lassi, loaded with creamy dreamy rose cream and plain rich yogurt based liquid to give you the best summery beverage!
Lassi is a popular traditional yogurt-based Indian beverage. It is a blend of yogurt, water, spices, sugar and sometimes fruit. Salty lassi is similar to buttermilk, while sweet lassis are like milkshakes. This version is a bit extra, LOL. We all know about this new dalgona coffee craze. I honestly think it’s just a hype, although I could not stop myself from creating a drink with similar concept.
Dalgona coffee is made by whipping instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until it becomes creamy and then adding it to cold or hot milk. I wanted to make a yogurt version of it and what can be better than Rose Dalgona Lassi! It is loaded with creamy dreamy rose cream and plain rich yogurt based liquid to give you the best summery beverage!
There are couple of options to create the whipped rose cream. You can use either a standing mixer, which is what I used. Or you can use a handy mixer. You will get nice and creamy whipped rose cream either way. Having a good rose syrup is the key to great flavor and color in this drink. You can easily find it at any Indian grocery store. As I am writing this post, I am thinking about mango dalgona and Mocha dalgona as my next summer drinks. I know I know, I said its just a hype, but I guess I am getting sucked into this craziness!
I hope you and your loved ones like this Rose Galgona Lassi as much as I do. If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots!
Happy and Healthy Drinking!
Dalgona Rose Lassi
Whipped Rose Cream
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Rose Syrup
- 2 cup Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt you can use low fat/fat free for this part
- 1 cup Water
Make Whipping Cream
- Whip all rose cream ingredients together in a standing mixer or by using hand mixer until it becomes fluffy, thick and creamy.
- Mix 2 cups of plain greek yogurt and whip it lightly to get lassi like consistency. You can use more or less water, more or less yogurt depending on how thick or thin you like your lassi.
- Take 4-6 glasses and add few cubes of ice.
- Pour plain lassi evenly in all glasses till the glass is half way full over ice cubes.
- Pour the rose whipping cream on top of the lassi layer carefully without mixing all together so you can see two layers.
- Sprinkle some edible rose paddles or sparkly sugar for garnishing. Serve it ice cold with fancy straw to make it look pretty!