Egg Salad Sandwich
Egg Salad Sandwich simply made with spiced up boiled eggs along with healthy spread and topping!
There are two type of people, one who eats boring breakfast pretty much everyday (like me) and one who like to play around with delish options (like my hubby). If you give me boil egg every morning, I would gladly eat it but my husband not so much. Now that I end up boiling eggs pretty much everyday, I like to use it different ways for my husband. This recipe is an outcome of that.
This Egg Salad Sandwich is super simple and quick to make. It is a well balanced breakfast/brunch option with carbs, protein and fats! It is not only loaded with flavors but also has good fats from avocado and fiber from fresh baby spinach! You can also make this egg salad ahead of time and use it throughout the week to make your mornings easy. I like to make it spicy for me and hubby, however you can tame it down to make it kid friendly. This could be great option for kids lunchbox as well!
I personally am a huge fan of Indian Street Style egg dishes like STREET STYLE EGG BHURJI, BOILED EGG FRY, EGG GOTADO and so much more. However this egg salad ended up being my favorite too despite being different from desi style eggs. That speaks a lot for this simple recipe! If you do not eat eggs, you can certainly use boiled chickpeas instead as mentioned in the recipe below. If you end up trying this or any of my recipe, tag me on Instagram or leave me a comment below. I would love to hear your feedback!
Happy & Healthy Eating!
Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs OR 15.5 oz canned chickpeas (washed/drained)
- 1 tsp Trader Joes Bomba sauce OR Red Thecha Chutney
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 4 English Muffins or choice of bread
- 1 tbsp Spread Butter Optional
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1 handful Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 tsp Everything Seasoning
- Mash boiled eggs (boiled chickpeas if swapping with eggs). Add in salt, pepper, red chili powder, cream cheese & bomba sauce (or red thecha chutney). Mix it well to creamy mixture.
- Toast english muffin and butter it.
- Spread mashed avocado on one side of the english muffin.
- Top it with egg/chickpea mixture.
- Top it with sliced tomato, everything seasoning and baby spinach. Top it with other side of the english muffin to make a sandwich.
- Enjoy it with choice of beverage!!