Tex Mex Skillet Zucchini
Tex Mex Skillet Zucchini – low carb one pot meal that comes together under 30 minutes, loaded with veggies, spices, juicy sauce and amazing Tex Mex flavors!!
Weeknights call for some quick yet healthy and delicious dinner options. This one pot goodie is low carb due to having all the fresh veggies and no grains. It is full of Tex Med flavors with just right amount of spices!! It is warm cozy cheesy and extremely comforting.
This dish has amazing veggies like crunchy onions and peppers, zucchini, corn, black beans, and fresh herbs. It has just right amount of cheese including Mexican blend and spicy Colby jack. Use either tomato sauce or mild enchilada sauce to make it saucy and juicy!! I love serving it with side of fresh avocados, sour cream, salsa and chips to add some crunch!! I love pairing it with boozy masala soda which can be made without any alcohol as well!!
It is truly a comfort meal that checks all the boxes for meal being healthy and delicious at the same time!! This gluten-free deliciousness is one of my favorite weeknight meals. I hope you give it a try and like it as much as I do. If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this quick dish!
Happy and Healthy Eating!
Tex Mex Skillet Zucchini
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Finely Chopped Serrano
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- ½ cup Chopped Green Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Sliced Zucchini
- 15 oz Canned Black Beans 1 small can
- 1 cup Corn Kernel fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 cup Mild Enchilada Sauce
- ¾ cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- ¾ cup Shredded Spicy Colby Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ cup Chopped Scallions
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Salsa
- Saute oil in a cast iron skillet. Any heavy bottom wide pan would work well too!
- Add cumin seeds and wait for it to form aroma and deepen the color.
- Add chopped serrano and minced garlic. Saute until the raw smell of garlic disappears.
- Add chopped onions along with 1 tsp of salt. Mix well. Saute on medium/high heat for couple of minutes so onions are still crunchy.
- Add chopped bell pepper and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add corn kernel and saute for couple fo minutes.
- Add sliced Zucchini and saute on high heat for 3-5 minutes or until they start to soften just a little, but still have a good crunch.
- Add drained/washed black beans along with taco seasoning, red chili powder and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add tomato sauce/mild enchilada sauce. Mix well. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the sauce is hot. Taste for salt/spices, add more if desire.
- Add ¼ cup mexican blend shredded cheese and ¼ cup spicy colby jack cheese. Mix well.
- Sprinkle rest of the cheese on top and cover it until the cheese is melted.
- Take it off the stove, sprinkle chopped cilantro and scallions.
- Serve it hot with side of fresh avocado, lemon wedge, sour cream, salsa and some corn chips for crunch!