Pickled jalapeños with ground mustard seeds and turmeric powder
Pickled jalapeños with ground mustard seeds and turmeric powder, in other words Athela Marcha! A perfect side that that pair perfectly with pretty much everything!
I love anything with jalapeños. This is a go to side in my household. This recipe is so simple to make and last for 3-4 weeks if you store it in the mason jar inside a fridge! I learned to make these from my SIL’s FIL!!
All you need to do is put sliced jalapeños, salt, turmeric powder, ground mustard seeds and lime juice together. Pour hot oil on it and mix it well. Super easy and quick condiment that lasts so long if kept in the refrigerator. You can honestly use any type of hot green chilis. I am using jalapeños since they are very easily available at any grocery store.
Enjoy it on eggs, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, rotis, puri or any Indian dish. It stays good for 3-4 weeks if stored in an airtight mason jar inside the fridge. Keep shaking the jar once a week for 2-3 days to get the best flavor out!
I hope you try these Pickled jalapeños with ground mustard seeds and turmeric powder. If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this deliciousness.
Happy and Healthy Eating!!
Pickled jalapeños in ground mustard seeds and turmeric powder
- 6 jalapeños
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Lime
- ¼ cup Mustard oil any other oil with high smoke point is fine
- Slice jalapeños with the seeds. Be sure to wear gloves so you don't regret it later 😉
- Add salt, turmeric powder and ground muster seeds to the sliced jalapeños.
- Add juice of 2 fresh limes to it and mix it well with a spoon.
- Heat oil in small pan. Once its nicely hot, CAREFULLY add that to the jalapeños mix. Mix everything well with a spoon.
- Store this pickled jalapeños in the mason jar and keep it in the fridge. Keep shaking it once a day for 2-3 days. They last for 3-4 weeks if you keep them in the fridge!
- They go so well with curry/subzi and rice, roti, wraps, eggs etc.