Vegetarian Greek Nachos
Vegetarian Greek Nachos loaded with roasted chickpeas and flavored tofu along with fresh, pickled veggies, amazingly flavored sauces and dips!!
Nachos are one of those food items I absolutely love, I can eat them all day everyday! Same goes with Mediterranean/greek cuisine. I love me some tangy, zesty, spicy, crunchy ingredients that is Mediterranean/greek flavored. However being vegetarian it gets tricky with having nutritional values to foods you really like. Which leads to recipes like this. These Vegetarian Greek Nachos are loaded with roasted chickpeas and flavored tofu along with fresh & pickled veggies, amazingly flavored sauces and dips!!
This easy, quick, semi homemade recipe is one of my absolute favorite for many reasons. All the layers in this nachos adds tremendous amount of flavors and amazing texture! And the beauty of it is that it is semi-homemade. Just by using few store bought ingredients, I put this beauty together under 30 minutes. It has much needed protein from tofu and chickpeas, fiber from many fresh veggies, flavors from pickled veggies and sauces. It is one of those dishes that is great for hosting, so easy to make in big batch for your loved ones!
You can certainly prep or buy veggies, sauces, dips ahead of time and then assemble freshly whenever you want to have a quick meal! You can make it same way like nachos or even use the same recipe to make a Greek style flatbread! Either way it is sure to hit the spot and leave you fully satisfied with your craving!
You can certainly make this plant-based by using plant-based tzatziki and feta. You can also use gluten-free pita to take it up a notch. If you like this you are sure to like my Falafel recipe as well! If you end up trying this or any of my recipes, leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to hear your feedback!
Happy & Healthy Eating!
Vegetarian Greek Nachos
Tofu & Chickpea Mix
- 1 can Trader Joes Greek Chickpeas with Cumin and Parsley about 10 oz
- 8 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 tsp Trader Joes za'atar Seasoning Blend
- 2 tbsp Wegmans Submarine Sandwich Oil you can simply mix extra virgin olive oil, Red Wine Vinegar, salt, pepper, dry oregano, dry thyme, garlic powder, sugar
- 3 Papa Pita Greek Pita Flat Bread or any preferred pita bread
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Cucumber
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Peppadew Sweet Piquante Peppers (Available at olive bars of many grocery stores) or simply use Mt. Olive Sweet 'N' Hot Salad Peppers
- ¼ cup Pickled Red Onions
- ¼ cup Chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Finely Chopped Scallions
- ¼ cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
Sauces & Dips
Tahini Sauce (sauce recipe is part of linked falafel recipe)
Store Bought Greek Yogurt Tzatziki (or check out linked video for homemade)
Store Bought Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Trader Joes za'atar Seasoning Blend
Marinate Chickpeas and Tofu
- Press the tofu to get rid of as much water as possible. Cut tofu in small cubes. Mix tofu cubes with Trader Joes Greek Chickpeas (that comes with Cumin and Parsley in a can), along with 2 tsp of za'atar Seasoning and 2 tbsp of Wegmans Submarine Sandwich Oil. Gently mix it all and refrigerate it for 30 min to 3 hours.
- Once Ready to make nachos, roast chickpeas and tofu mix on 425°F for 15 minutes.
- Cut each pita bread in few triangles. Coat them with some EVOO and toast them on 425°F for 5-6 minutes.
- Once toasted, top it with roasted chickpeas and tofu.
- Top it with cucumber, tomatoes, chopped Peppadew Sweet Piquante Peppers (or Mt. Olive Sweet 'N' Hot Salad Peppers), Pickled Red Onions, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped scallions and crumbled feta cheese.
- Sprinkle some za'atar seasoning, drizzle sriracha & tahini sauces.
- Place dollop of Tzatziki and choice of hummus in the middle. And simply enjoy it while its warm!