Mango Ice Cream
Mango Ice Cream – No churn seasonal mango ice cream made with very few ingredients including fresh mangos, slivered nuts along with hint of cardamom & saffron.
When someone says mango ice cream, first thing that comes to my mind is my mom’s homemade version. It is hands down one of the best mango ice creams I have even had growing up! She learned it from her mom and I watched her making this goodie every year during summer time! I am usually all about learning unique and authentic recipes from family. However this one I did not really got into learning. And I believe the reason is the process. The way my mom and grand maa made it was a true labor intensive process. That being said, I had to find a work around that is easy and still hits the spot like it used to!
This Mango Ice Cream version is my take on making something close to my baa’s original recipe. And this version requires a tiny fraction of efforts compare to my baa’s version. This no churn version requires less than 10 ingredients, core ones being heavy whipping cream, condensed milk & mango pulp. Along with fresh mangos, pistachio & cashew, cardamom & saffron for topping and great flavors. This is one of those recipes I make over and over, and not get sick of it!
I personally think you will end make it many many times once you try it. My whole family loves this goodie so much. It makes me happy seeing my family and friends enjoying this creamy dreamy deliciousness. If you end up trying it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots or leave me a comment below. I would love to hear your feedback! If you are a mango lover, I suggest you try some of my mango flavored desserts! They are equally delicious and easy to make!
Happy & Healthy Eating!!
Mango Ice Cream
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Mango Pulp I like using canned mango pulp, you can use fresh if you like!
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 string Saffron
- ¼ cup Slivered Pistachios
- ¼ cup Slivered Cashews
- 1 cup Fresh Mango Cubes tiny cubes
- Start whipping the cold whipping cream in a standing mixer or handy mixer until it holds stiff peaks.
- In an another bowl, mix mango pulp, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, cardamom powder and few saffron strings. Mix/whip it well so everything is well combined.
- Once the the whipping cream is ready with stiff spikes, mix in sweetened mango mix along with slivered pistachios & cashews (save some slivered pistachios & cashews for garnishing in later step).
- Take it out in an air tight container in an even layer. Wrap the container tightly with cling wrap, try not to let it be saggy to prevent it from touching the ice cream. Place the lid and close it well. Make sure the closing container step helps the ice cream stay as air tight as possible to prevent it from crystallizing.
- Freeze it for 6 hours or so. After 6 hours (should be more than half way frozen with hard edges and bottom along with a little soft middle), take it out in a standing mixer or use handy mixer to whip it again for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in tiny fresh mango cubes (leave some for garnishing).
- Take the ice cream mixture out in the same air tight container. Garnish it with leftover slivered pistachios, cashews and tiny cubed fresh mangoes. Swirl the top of the ice cream lightly so the toppings sink in just a little.
- Wrap the container tightly with cling wrap, try not to let it be saggy to prevent it from touching the ice cream. Place the lid and close it well. Make sure the closing container step helps the ice cream stay as air tight as possible to prevent it from crystallizing.
- Freeze it for 6-8 hours, or until hardens. Once frozen, enjoy it!! If you find ice cream to get very hard (due to different freezer temperature), leave it at room temperature just for few minutes before scooping out. It makes scooping part a bit easy!