Tortellini salad loaded with bunch of veggies, tangy capers, feta cheese and Mediterranean flavored homemade dressing!
Summer is all about colorful light salads. Pasta salad is one the very commonly made summer dishes. This salad uses not just regular pasta, it has cheesy tortellini. It is loaded with veggies like onions, tomatoes, peppers, asparagus, spinach, carrots etc. I like to add some tanginess to my summer salads. For the very same reason, I add capers to this salad. Let me tell you, adding capers to your salad is a game changer. You can certainly add olives, but I really like capers’ tangy earthy flavors!
This salad is very hearty! Not only due to all the veggies, but also due to homemade light dressing! The key to this amazing dressing is horseradish mustards. Yes, not just dijon or yellow mustard, Horseradish mustard! It gives this salad that uniq spice kick! Don’t worry, I meant to say just right amount of spice kick! Add some feta cheese and give this amazing salad a Mediterranean vibe! This salad is great for a crowd. You can certainly make a big tray of this a day ahead! I guarantee your guests will love it!
Not all salads are boring, and fun salads do not have to be unhealthy. And this is a perfect example of that. This is a crowd pleaser at all my summer parties, hope it becomes your favorite too! If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this dish!
Happy and Healthy Eating!
- 1 cup Multi Color Sweet Peppers cut in circle or sliced
- 1 cup Sliced Red Onions
- 1 cup Sliced Carrots
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Ribbons baby arugula can be used instead
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in halves
- ¼ cup Capers olives can be used instead
- ½ cup Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Boiled Asparagus
- 3 cup Boiled Cheese Tortellini any pasta would work
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Horseradish Mustard
- ½ tsp Pink Salt or regular salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 tsp Dry Thyme
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- Blend all dressing ingredients using a blender or shake it vigorously in a mason jar to everything mixes well.
- Boil tortellini/pasta al dente as per box instructions. Add cut asparagus to boiling pasta when there is one minute left for tortellini/pasta to be done boiling.
- Drain it using strainer, run cold water through it and drain it completely.
- Mix all veggies and boiled tortellini/pasta along with asparagus in a big wide bowl.
- Pour dressing over it and mix well.
- Add feta cheese and capers/olives and mix it well.
- Serve it cold!