Street Style Chinese Bhel
Street Style Chinese Bhel is spicy crunchy juicy noodle salad made with crispy noodles and veggies, flavored with Indo Chinese flavors.
Very famous IndoChinese street food, Chinese bhel is made out of crispy fried noodles tossed in Indo Chinese sauce along with fresh crunchy veggies, herbs like scallions and cilantro. When you are craving that desi Chinese food, this is the quick and super tasty dish you want to make! This recipe requires crispy noodles. I sometimes make them at home and sometimes just use store bought when I am on time crunch! I have used La Choy Chow Mein Noodles and really likes as a quick and easy option! These crunchy noodles are a great topper for soups too, like this SPICY MANCHOW SOUP.
If you know me, you know my love for Indo Chinese food. And when it is crispy & crunchy, it is a huge bonus, like this recipe. I see it as a flavor bomb salad with much needed nutrients, amazing flavors, texture. Eating raw cabbage in salad is not that common but when served like this, no one can say no! I have many street style Indo Chinese recipes on my blog, but this one has a special spot in my heart.
I am not a big fan of boring salads, but serve me this everyday and I am your best friend. This salad/Street Style Chinese Bhel has two different types of cabbage, beetroots, scallions and cilantro. It is also great one to prep ahead. Have all your veggies ready and crispy noodles ready. When you crave it, simply mix it all with just some sauces and seasoning. Hope you give it a try. Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots if you end up liking it. I would love to hear your feedback!
Happy and Healthy Eating!
Street Style Chinese Bhel
- 1 cup Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
- ½ cup Shredded Boiled Beetroots
- ⅓ cup Chopped Scallions
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
Sauce & Seasoning
- ½ tbsp Maggi Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Ching's Schezwan Chutney OR Schezwan Sauce more for more heat
- 1 tbsp Ching's Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Maggi Masala Magic the spice pouch
- 1 pinch Salt all the sauces has enough sodium so feel free to skip salt!
Crispy Noodles (OR Use store bought pre cooked/fried La Choy Chow Mein Noodles (1½ cups))
- 5.3 oz Ching's Secret Veg Hakka Noodles
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- Oil to deep fry and coat the boiled noodles
Make Crispy Noodles (OR Use store bought pre cooked/fried La Choy Chow Mein Noodles (1½ cups))
- Boil Ching's noodles as per package instructions. Leave them al dente.
- Once boiled, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain the water out completely, coat them with a little oil, lay it flat on a paper towel to soak up all the moisture.
- Sprinkle them with 2 tbsp of all purpose flour. Mix it well so all the noodles are lightly coated with dry flour.
- Deep fry them till crispy and golden brown.
Assemble Chinese Bhel
- Mix all the veggies with sauces, seasoning and lemon juice.
- Toss in 1½ cup of crumbled crispy noodles and serve it immidietly!