Banana Walnut Bread
Simple yet delicious banana walnut bread for you breakfast, dessert or a mid day snack.
Do you have ripe bananas sitting in your kitchen? Well, I got the best banana bread recipe for you that requires those very ripe bananas. This recipe has both vegan and regular ingredient options. You can also use either whole wheat or all purpose flour to make this deliciousness. Add some walnut to add crunch and earthiness to this it! Banana and walnut is one of my favorite food combinations. And that is why this bread is one my fav!
If you like chocolate taste in your bread, check out this chocolate banana zucchini bread! Its one of my favorite just like this one! I like to spread a generous amount of creamy peanut butter on a slice of this bread and drizzle some honey on it. Pair it with hot tea or coffee for some tea time fun!
I hope you like it as much as we do. If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots.
Happy and Healthy Eating!
Banana Walnut Bread
- 2 Ripe Banana
- ½ cup Oil
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Use 1 Flax egg to make it vegan (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp warm water mixture)
- 2 tbsp Milk Use almond or oats milk to make it vegan
- 1¼ cup All Purpose Whole Wheat flour, specific for bread can be used instead of all purpose
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Chopped Walnut (any preferred nut or chocolate chips can be used instead of walnuts) ½ + ¼
- Preheat oven on 325°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients except chopped walnuts, in a big bowl and keep it aside.
- Peel and mash 2 over ripe bananas and mix that with other wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture in the dry ingredients bowl. Mix it well. Do not over mix it.
- Add ½ cup of chopped walnut to the batter and mix well. Do not over mix it.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan. Sprinkle ¼ cup of chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes. Poke a toothpick in the bread after 40 minutes or so and check if any uncooked batter sticks to it. If not, the bread is done. If it does, bake for few more minutes.
- Once baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool down on cooling rack or in the same pan for 10-20 minutes or so.
- Serve a slice of it slathered with creamy peanut butter and drizzle of honey with side of tea or coffee!