Eggless French Toast
Moist Eggless French Toast with hint of cinnamon and cardamom made with just few ingredients within just few minutes!
When it comes to French Toast, I get very hesitant to have them at dinners/restaurants. And the reason being that they many times smell like eggs. Which makes sense because they are made with eggs LOL. However, even though I do consume eggs, I cannot eat any egg related dishes if they smell like eggs. I know how silly it sounds but this is how I weird I am lol. Hence my urge to create an eggless french toast recipe. Especially for my older one who absolutely loved her first French Toast she tried during out Florida vacation.
This moist Eggless French Toast with hint of cinnamon and cardamom requires just few ingredients and comes together within just few minutes. Since this is eggless, I use flaxseed meal combined with milk to get that slimy egg like consistency. Which helps the bread soak up just enough flavors without making it super soggy if you are to just use milk. The milk mixture also has hint of cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg with optional rose essence.
You simply make the milk mixture, have your french brioche bread soak that up just enough and then cook with decent amount of butter. I prefer using salted butter to cook french toast because the hint of salt enhances the natural sweetness of brioche bread. Trust me, that minor details makes a big difference in the flavors!
This simple easy Eggless French Toast would make perfect weekend brunch. Simply serve it with milk or coffee. I personally like to add a savory spicy dish to pair with this sweet deliciousness. If you ask me what I would pair this with, it would have without a doubt POHA – KANDA BATAKA POHA. If you end up making it and liking it, leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to hear your feedback.
Happy & Healthy Eating!
Eggless French Toast
- 3 slices French Brioche Bread I prefer it from Trader Joes
- ¾ cup Choice of milk organic whole milk, you can certainly use any plant based milk you like
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal ground flaxseeds powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ⅛ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2-3 drops Rose Essence this is optional
- 1-3 tbsp Salted Butter you can certainly use unsalted if you like, salted butter enhances the sweetness of this dish
- 1 cup Fresh Berries
- 2-3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Mix milk, flaxseed meal, cardamom powder, cinnamon & nutmeg powder, salt, brown sugar, rose essence in a wide bowl/plate
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat
- Dip French Brioche Bread in the milk mix for 3-4 seconds or until it soaks some mixture, flip and do the same for the other side
- Place it on warm buttered pan and let it cook on medium heat for 3-4 min, until it lightly browns.
- Flip it and do the same on other side. If you want a bit crispy outside with more brown spots, let it cook a bit longer on medium heat on both sides. The inside of the toast will remain soft due to natural softness of Brioche bread.
- Once cooked, Stack them on a plate, Garnish it with fresh berries, whipped cream, sprinkles of powdered sugar, and a generous amount of maple syrup. Serve it warm with a side of milk or coffee!!