Peachy Chana Dal
Peachy Chana Dal – a twist to Indian street style chana dal, loaded with juicy sweet and sour peach, crunchy veggies, just right amount of spices with lemon and cilantro!!
If you have ever been to India, you would find small street vendors sitting at every corner of a neighborhood with a basket full of chana dal or bhel ingredients. These vendors literally would fix you the best street style snack in front of your eye within minutes. The street style spicy chana dal is my absolute favorite snack. I grew up eating this goodie!!
This Peachy Chana Dal is a twist to the Indian street style chana dal. It is loaded with juicy sweet and sour peach, crunchy veggies, just right amount of spices with lemon and cilantro!! The combination of flavors and texture in this mouth watering snack is just AMAZING!! This makes a perfect Chakna, snack/bites to go with your beverages!! This has been my favorite Chakna during this whole summer. It pairs so well with some crisp cold white wine or even with flavored seltzer water if you prefer non-alcoholic drinks and will also save you some calories!!
Honestly this can be made with any juicy sweet and sour fruit, if the peaches are out of season. I love paring this with my favorite boozy masala soda! I hope you give this gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based quick snack a try!! If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this deliciousness!
Happy and Healthy Eating!!
Peachy Chana Dal
- ¾ cup Chana Dal, fried spicy snack version this can be found at any Indian store in the snack section
- 1 large Peach finely chopped, small even sized cubes are preferred
- 1 small Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 small Jalapeno finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Salt Pink Salt works really well, if you have it handy!
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ¼ tsp Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning use red chili powder as a sub
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Chopped Scallions
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice skip it if peach is more on sour side
- Mix all the ingredients listed above, skipping the chana dal, very gently.
- Right before serving this dish, add chana dal to the veggie mix. Mix it again gently.
- Garnish it with finely chopped cilantro and lime wedge.
- Serve it along with your favorite beverage!!