Masala Pull Apart Bread
Masala pull apart bread is a delicious mashup of masala pav and pull apart bread, loaded with street style spices with some ooey gooey buttery cheesiness!
Masala pav/bread is one of the very popular street food of India. Spicy and buttery soft buns make a perfect street style snack. On the other end pull apart bread is the new sophisticated way of eating garlic bread. Don’t they both sound delicious. Now imagine combining those two ideas in one!! This Masala Pull Apart Bread is the mashup of those two delicious ideas!
This makes a perfect and unique party appetizer. I guarantee your guests will devourer this goodie. It is also great to prep ahead. Baking can be down right before your gathering. It is loaded with some desi/Indian spices, butter and cheese. Trust me on this, it is worth every single calorie!!
This is definitely one my favorite things to make for my parties. My guests absolutely love it and so does my family. It makes a great happy hour treat too! I hope you like it as much as we do! If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this ooey gooey buttery cheesiness!
Masala Pull Apart Bread
- 1 loaf French Bread or Sourdough
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Shredded Amul Cheese Use white cheddar or mozzarella if you do not have amul cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1½ cup Very Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 cup Very Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt use less salt if using salted butter or amul butter
- ½ cup Chopped Cilantro
- ½ cup Water
Make the Masala Sauce
- Heta 3 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Saute chopped onions and minced garlic in butter with a pinch of salt. Keep sautéing on medium heat until the raw smell of onions and garlic goes away and onions are translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute until very soft and starts to loose water.
- Add all the spices and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the butter starts to come out of the spice mix, add ½ cup of water. Mix well and use potato masher to mash the spice mix up very well. Simmer it for couple of minutes, it should have runny sauce like consistency.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of butter to the masala sauce. Mix well until melted.
- Turn the heat off and add chopped cilantro, mix well. Keep the sauce aside.
Prepare the bread
- Preheat oven on 350° F.
- Cut the loaf/bread on a diagonal into 1" diamonds. Do not cut all the way through the bread.
- Place the cut bread in the middle of a decent size aluminum foil. The foil should be big enough to wrap the bread completely for baking.
- Pour masala sauce in each crake of the bread. Use your finger gently to open up the bread cracks to make this step easy.
- Mix shredded amul cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Stuff each bread crack with decent amount of cheese.
- Wrap the pull apart bread with the foil and bake it on 350° F for 10-15 minutes or more to make it more crispy.
- Once baked, melt 1 tbsp of butter, add just a little minced garlic and chopped cilantro to the melted butter.
- Spread the melted butter on top of the baked bread and serve it hot!