Hulk Mac & Cheese
Kids favorite Hulk Mac & Cheese made in an Instant Pot, this creamy dreamy dish is an absolute fun way to eat veggie without making a fuss!
Kids are super picky about food. And if they are not picky, they get easily bored of same food over and over. My kids love colorful food. Which is great since I can hide many veggies in their food to bring the colors out! This Hulk Mac & Cheese is a perfect example of that. My kids love pasta, especially Mac & Cheese. We make it very often as a quick meal for them. Although I feel a little guilty about not giving them nutritious meals.
Cheese pasta is great but it is loaded with only dairy and carbs. For that very reason I like to play around with it by adding vegetables to it. This Mac & Cheese is cheesy for sure, but it is also loaded with vegetables like spinach, carrots, peas etc! It is definitely my kids’ favorite recipe! They call it Hulk Mac & Cheese due to its bright green color. It is always a winner even at pot lucks or parties. Oh and did I mentioned that it is made in an Instant Pot?!?! Yes this one pot kids’ friendly meal is super easy and quick to make!!
If your kids like colorful food that is nutritious, check out these green hariyali roti and red beetroot rotis! I hope your kids like this delicious pasta as much as mine does! If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots. I would love to see your recreation of this goodie!
Happy and Healthy Eating!
Hulk Mac & Cheese
- 1½ cup Macaroni Pasta
- 2 cup Broth or water
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1½ cup Frozen Mixed Veggies
- ½ cup Whipping/Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 handful Baby Spinach
- 2 slice American Cheese
- ¾ cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- Add uncooked pasta, butter, frozen veggies and veggie broth (or water) in an instant pot. It should have just enough liquid to come up to pasta/veggie level so that all the pasta and veggie are soaked in the fluid completely. Do not all too much broth/water as the sauce will get super watery at the end.
- Close the lid and put IP on high pressure. Cook for half of the time from what the instructions on the pasta box mentions.
- Once the cook time is over, let IP release pressure naturally for 5-6 minutes. Release rest of the pressure manually.
- If you do not have Instant Pot, cook pasta on stove top as per box instruction along with the veggies. As soon as pasta is boiled and drained, put it back in the pot with ½ cup of hot pasta water, and add butter to it. Mix well and follow rest of the instructions same as below.
- While it is releasing the pressure, blend whipping cream/heavy cream along with fresh baby spinach, black pepper, salt and garlic powder to creamy paste without using any water.
- Once you open the lid, add sliced cheese to the pasta and mix. Once melted, add Mexican blend cheese and mix.
- Once all the cheese is melted add creamy spinach pure and mix.
- Cover the pasta for 3-4 minutes so that the sauce thickens. Serve it hot/warm!