Cilantro Mint Chutney
Cilantro Mint Chutney – spicy green chutney made with fresh cilantro & mint that is the heart of Indian street food, especially chaats!!
Green chutney is very refreshing and spicy touch that you can add to your meals. This green chutney can be used as a dipping sauce with savory snacks like pakoras and parathas, or spread it on the bread for sandwiches. Add chutney to yogurt to make less spicy dipping sauce that can used on kabobs or wraps! And the best use of it is on Indian street foods, Chaats!! No chaat or sandwich is complete without Cilantro Mint Chutney!!
You will find lots and lots of recipes on my blog that uses this key spread! This bright been spicy dipping sauce is surely to take your food to next level! Check out my DAHI BOONDI CHAAT, PEANUT CHAAT, SAMOSA TIKKI CHAAT, SMASHED POTATOES CHAAT and lot more that uses this chutney. I like to make a big batch of it and freeze for later use. Check out the notes section below for more info on that! To balance the heat of this chutney, pair it with Date Tamarind Chutney (recipe is part of my Pani Puri Recipe).
This is one of those sides/dipping sauce/chutney that I rave about and cannot imagine my life without! Yes, that is a bold statement. You will surely to feel the same once you try it. If you end up making it and liking it, tag me on Instagram @myvegetarianroots or leave me a comment below! I would love to hear your feedback!
Happy & Healthy Eating!
Cilantro Mint Chutney
- Blender Preferably Vitamix
- 1 bunch cilantro (large bunch) properly cleaned, washed, just a little trimmed stems, 1 large bunch should yield 3 tightly packed cups
- ½ cup mint leaves properly cleaned, washed and separated leaves. Tightly packed 1/2 cup
- 3 cloves garlic small cloves
- 1 inch Ginger Root peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Large Serrano washed, less for less spicy (can be sub with 2 thai green chilis)
- 1 tbsp Oil Preferably peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 8 Cashews unsalted raw cashews
- 4 tbsp Cold Water more or less based on desired consistency
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend it till smooth. You can leave it just a little chunky if you like that consistency! Enjoy it on sandwiches, chaat, paratha, kachori, samosa and lot more!!
- Please refer to notes below for tips!